Monday, February 16, 2009

BOO-FREAKIN'-HOO

This blog has taken a back burner since last month. There are times that I would want to write something but then another more important matter would come up so I'd end up forgetting the whole writing thing altogether.

It's February now. Besides Valentine's day, things had happened to me - physically. No, I didn't transform into a more radiant being nor did I become a black-winged monster, but I got sick - twice to be exact. The first one was during the first week of the month. I had a bout of tonsillitis and of course, tonsillitis equals fever. So I suffered for four days. I treated it with pain relievers and mostly conservative treatment - meaning lots of fluids. I didn’t get the rest I really wanted but I tried to take a nap in between work. So then I got better. I celebrated my being tonsillitis-free with tequila - two bottles of tequila, that is. Of course, it wasn’t all me, my brother was there along with two close friends.

The following week, I got an ear infection. See, I got this habit of constantly cleaning my ears - sometimes I'd do it three times a day. I know, I know. My bad huh? But I can't help it, I swear. So there you go - otitis externa. Imagine my dilemma, I do listening for a living. I had to listen to dictations using one ear. And by golly, the pain! It's just so friggin unbearable! Of course, I took mefenamic acid then NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) and had otic drops, but really, I just couldn’t take it - mind you, I consider myself to have a high pain tolerance. There was this one moment, while working in the wee hours of the morning, that I decided to take one capsule of mefenamic acid then a nap to help maybe ease the pain. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get a shut-eye because of the damn pain. And I ended up crying. Boo-hoo.

Everybody was telling me to go to the doctor (even my mom called) and I keep on telling them that I would. I was even at home on Valentine's day instead of celebrating out because of this infection. I cried buckets of tears - yes, I admit because it's V-Day and because of intolerable pain. (Oh, my brother and cousin-in-law both gave me roses so I cried - again.)

My youngest son gave me a Valentine card in advance with our picture in it so just thinking about it that day also gave me the sniffles. Then, my eldest, who is supposedly the sweeter one, forgot to greet me or say the usual "I love u" routine. Boo-hoo.

It was today that I'm supposed to get my ear checked up. But I'm feeling better already. I can hear a little clearly now and there is little, if any, pain.

So there.

P.S. - I sent this text message to a friend during V-Day. I actually got it from the web and changed it a little bit. Here goes:

Never say "I love you" if you don’t care.
Never talk about feelings if they're not there.
Never touch a life if you mean to break a heart.
The cruelest thing to do is to let someone fall in love with you when you don’t intend to catch that someone fall.


Yun na.

P.P.S.

Another friend said Valentine's day is also known as "Single Awareness Day" which of course has the acronym SAD. No pun intended. Cool!

No comments: